Some useful links and phone numbers.
- In an emergency call 999 or textphone 18000
- Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) non-emergency calls and general enquiries: 101
- Crimestoppers: 0800 555 111
- Disability hate crime advocacy services
- Tel: 028 90 661281 / 07827318631
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Report disability hate crime on 101. In an emergency, call 999.
- PSNI advice and information.
- Report hate crime online.
- Unite Against Hate is the excellent campaign to tackle hate crime in Northern Ireland.
- Victim Support Northern Ireland: If you have been a victim of crime, Victim Support NI can help you.
Quick Check Number: 0800 013 22 90
Find out more about the Quick Check scheme and advice on how to deal with unexpected visitors.
Password Schemes can help identify visitors and ensure they are genuine. The following companies offer password schemes:
Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service provide advice on fire safety in the home here.
You can get a free home fire safety check by calling the Fire Service on 028 9260 0477 or by visiting their website.
- Get Safe Online gives detailed advice and information on how to use the internet confidently, safely and securely.
- Mencap’s Livenet project provides a range of learning opportunities around the internet and computers in general for people with a learning disability in Northern Ireland.
- Ability Net offers free helpline expert advice and information about how disabled people can use computers and the internet. Tel: 0800 269 545.
The Department for Regional Development have developed a travel guide for people with a learning disability.
Translink’s Access Guide has information for disabled people using its services in Northern Ireland.
Carbon monoxide poisoning
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents have recently produced a short film with the families of Neil McFerran and Aaron Davidson, who tragically died from carbon monoxide poisoning in Castlerock, Co Derry on the 3 August 2010. Also contains information and advice on how to reduce the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.